three years and counting...
It's hard to believe, but in December of 2017, I started full-time as your minister here at FCC-Plymouth. All along, I have felt truly blessed and very thankful for being a part of this church family. As the 2020 holiday season comes to an end, again I feel the need to thank you all for everything you do, both as individuals and as a church family.
Thank you for all of your prayers and acts of kindness to support me and my family at the passing of my mama. Thank you for all of the wonderful generosity shown in a very needy time: donations of school supplies; help with the Turkey Trot; food donations; Christmas for the Nursing home residents; aiding the Salvation Army with Washington County needs, especially Angel gifts; special Christmas offering to benefit our Regional Church and Camp Caroline; maintaining our tithes and offerings here at FCC, and so MANY other ways that I cannot list them all!
Thank you for continuing to worship with us, whether in person or joining us virtually. It is so uplifting to see the numbers who are participating and I love reading your comments each week about a service. Thanks to all who attend in person and are doing everything asked to keep us all safe.
Please continue to pray for all of our church leaders as we continue to navigate through some rough waters. Remember everything we do is to the glory of God!
May God bless you and our church in 2021!
Happy New Year!
Scripture Readings for January 2021
January 3 - Second Sunday after Christmas Day
Psalm 147: 12-20
John 1: (1-9), 10-18
January 6 - Epiphany of the Lord
Psalm 72: 1-7, 10-14
January 10 - Baptism of the Lord
First Sunday after the Epiphany
January 17 - Second Sunday after the Epiphany
1 Samuel 3:1-10, (11-20)
Psalm 139:1-6, 13-18
1 Corinthians 6:12-20
January 24 - Third Sunday after the Epiphany
Jonah 3:1-5, 10
1 Corinthians 7:29-31
January 31 - Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany
1 Corinthians 8:1-13
Fountains at the Albemarle
200 Trade Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Gayle Davis - Room C200
Hazel McNair - Room B100
Ray & Kitty Styons - Room C207
Roanoke Landing Rehab & Nursing Center
1084 U.S. Hwy 64 East
Plymouth, NC 27962
BASIC CHANGES TO SANCTUARY WORSHIP AT FCC-PLYMOUTH
1) While you are inside the church building, practice 6 ft. social distancing and please wear a mask (disposable masks will be available if you do not have your own). Hand sanitizer will also be there.
2) There will be NO bulletins or congregational singing.
3) Attendance books are removed. Greeter will check attendance.
4) Pews will be marked to maintain 6 ft. distance. Families may sit together on a pew. Otherwise keep 6 ft. apart on usable pews.
5) Communion will be served at the table on the floor like we did drive-thru. Come forward down the middle aisle (6 ft. apart), then go back to your seat by the wall on your side. Offering may be put in offering plates on each side after communion. Food items may be put in the basket at the back of the church as usual.
6) At the end of worship, I will dismiss you by rows so we can keep our distance as we leave.
7) The 11 o'clock worship will be the only Sunday gathering. For now, there will be NO Sunday school, Nursery, or Worship and Wonder.
8) Service will be shone live on Facebook and later posted on Facebook and YouTube.com (fccplymouthnc).
9) If you have any questions, feel free to call Pastor Jimmy (661-0411), Elder chair, George Waters, Board Chair Cecil Windley, or CWF president Linda Ginn.