may we gather together
After a year of the pandemic and limited ways to gather together, we are now blessed with more opportunities to gather together in person again. (But still being smart and careful to protect one another.) With many now vaccinated against COVID and knowing how well our church has been following safety protocols, more are now feeling safe to gather at in-person worship with us again.
May will give us five Sundays to worship together. Also, May 9 will be Mother's Day. May 16 we will celebrate Claire Lundy's graduation from high school. May 23 is Pentecost Sunday. May 30 we will celebrate another 5th Sunday Singspiration with special guest Sarah Hardison Harris. I hope as many of our church family and friends as can will join us in all of our worship.
Also, Camp Caroline is getting back to in-person youth camps this summer as well as welcoming families and church groups for retreats. Our first in-person Albemarle District Meeting in over a year will take place at First Christian Church in Williamston on July27.
Hopefully, conditions will continue to improve and other gatherings will start back like Elders, CMF, CWF, Circles, Sunday School, Bible Study, Choir, Church Family Fellowship and visiting.
Gathering in person again will be great, but let's not forget what we have learned since the pandemic began. We have seen that we disciples are the church, not our beautiful building. We have learned to adapt to new ways to worship our God, to reach out to people outside our church walls and to serve God and others.
Our leaders have prayerfully and faithfully led us through these trying times. Let's continue to adapt, to grow in faith and service, and to share God's love through Jesus Christ with everyone.
Everyone take care and God Bless, Pastor Jimmy
Scripture Readings for May 2021
May 2 - Fifth Sunday of Easter
1 John 4:7-21
May 9 - Sixth Sunday of Easter
1 John 5:1-6
May 13 - Ascension of the Lord
Psalm 47 or Psalm 93
May 16 - Seventh Sunday of Easter
Acts 1:15-17, 21-26
1 John 5:9-13
May 23 - Day of Pentecost
Acts 2:1-21 or Ezekiel 37:1-14
Psalm 104:24-34, 35b
Romans 8:22-27 or Acts 2:1-21
John 15:26-27; 16:4b-15
May 30 - Trinity Sunday
Isaiah 6:1-8 and Psalm 29
May 31 - Visitation of May to Elizabeth
1 Samuel 2:1-19 and Psalm 113
Fountains at the Albemarle
200 Trade Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Gayle Davis - Room C200
Hazel McNair - Room B100
Ray & Kitty Styons - Room C207
Roanoke Landing Rehab & Nursing Center
1084 U.S. Hwy 64 East
Plymouth, NC 27962
BASIC CHANGES TO SANCTUARY WORSHIP AT FCC-PLYMOUTH
1) While you are inside the church building, practice 6 ft. social distancing and please wear a mask (disposable masks will be available if you do not have your own). Hand sanitizer will also be there.
2) Attendance books are removed. Greeter will check attendance.
3) Pews will be marked to maintain 6 ft. distance. Families may sit together on a pew. Otherwise keep 6 ft. apart on usable pews.
4) Communion will be served at the table on the floor like we did drive-thru. Come forward down the middle aisle (6 ft. apart), then go back to your seat by the wall on your side. Offering may be put in offering plates on each side of the back pews as you enter. Food items may be put in the basket at the back of the church as usual.
5) At the end of worship, I will dismiss you by rows so we can keep our distance as we leave.
6) The 11 o'clock worship will be the only Sunday gathering. For now, there will be NO Sunday school, Nursery, or Worship and Wonder.
7) Service will be shone live on Facebook and later posted on Facebook and YouTube.com (fccplymouthnc).
6) If you have any questions, feel free to call Pastor Jimmy (661-0411), Elder chair, George Waters, Board Chair Cecil Windley, or CWF president Linda Ginn.