can i help?
We often ask people, "Is there anything I can do to help?" On behalf of First Christian Plymouth, the answer is YES!!
Many of you have "stepped up to the plate" in service to God and others here at FCC, especially through these pandemic times, BUT we need all of you to join with us by volunteering your God-given talents and gifts (yes, everyone has some!) I know we keep saying we are getting smaller in number and older in years. Even though there is a lot of truth to that statement right now, I am not ready to give up and wave the white flag and I do not think you are either.
In this newsletter, we have a volunteer survey form that everyone needs to fill out and turn in. Included are many ways that you can help. Look over this list, think about it, pray about it, check the areas you can help, add suggestions if you have any. More hands make lighter work and remember Who we are "working" for.
Volunteering is always a blessing, both to those being served as well as the volunteers. Let us seek to share God's love in service to Him and to others.
Scripture Readings for October 2021
October 3 - Proper 22 (27)
Job 1:1, 2:1-10 and Psalm 26
Genesis 2:18-24 and Psalm 8
Hebrews 1:1-4, 2:5-12
October 10 - Proper 23 (28)
Job 23:1-9, 16-17 and Psalm 22:1-15
Amos 5:6-7, 10-15 and Psalm 90:12-17
October 17 - Proper 25 (29)
Job 38:1-7, (34-41) and Psalm 104:1-9, 24, 35c
Isaiah 53:4-12 and Psalm 91:9-16
October 24 - Proper 25 (30)
Job 42:1-6, 10-17 and Psalm 34:1-8, (19-22)
Jeremiah 31:7-9 and Psalm 126
October 31 - Proper 26 (31)
Ruth 1:1-18 and Psalm 146
Deuteronomy 6:1-9 and Psalm 119:1-8
2004 Rosedale Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
5605 Meer Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Fountains at the Albemarle
200 Trade Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Gayle Davis - Room C200
Hazel McNair - Room B100
Ray & Kitty Styons - Room C207
Roanoke Landing Rehab & Nursing Center
1084 U.S. Hwy 64 East
Plymouth, NC 27962
BASIC CHANGES TO SANCTUARY WORSHIP AT FCC-PLYMOUTH
1) While you are inside the church building, practice 6 ft. social distancing and wear a mask (disposable masks will be available if you do not have your own). Hand sanitizer will also be there.
2) Attendance books are removed. Greeter will check attendance.
3) Communion will be served at the table on the floor. Come forward down the middle aisle (6 ft. apart), then go back to your seat by the wall on your side. Offering may be put in the offering plate behind the back pews as you enter. Food items may be put in the basket at the back of the church as usual.
4) The 11 o'clock worship will be the only Sunday gathering. For now, there will be NO Sunday school, Nursery, or Worship and Wonder.
5) Service will be shone live on Facebook and later posted on Facebook and YouTube.com (fccplymouthnc).
6) If you have any questions, feel free to call Pastor Jimmy (661-0411), Elder chair, George Waters, Board Chair Cecil Windley, or CWF president Linda Ginn.