I have always loved A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens! Whether teaching it every year in 7th grade Language Arts, participating in the Martin Community Players production (played Mr. Fezziwig, old Joe, and sang with the carolers), watching the various movie versions or discussing its Christian insights in Bible Study, the message and meaning of this classic rings in the true Spirit of Christmas.
The character Ebenezer Scrooge carries us through the same stages we must travel for salvation. REGRET where we have failed, REPENT or change direction, accept the gift of SALVATION presented to us, and then feel true joy of REBIRTH.
Let me share these words by Stephen Skelton (the author of the Christian insights in A Christmas Carol at the end of Stave 4 under "Living the Story".
Scripture Readings for December 2021
December 5 - Second Sunday of Advent
Baruch 5:1-9 -or- Malachi 3:1-4
December 12 - Third Sunday of Advent
December 19 - Fourth Sunday of Advent
Luke 1:46b-55 -or- Psalm 80:1-7
Luke 1:39-45, (46-55)
December 24 - Christmas Eve
Luke 2:1-14, (15-20)
December 26 - First Sunday after Christmas
1 Samuel 2:18-29, 26
2004 Rosedale Circle
Virginia Beach, VA 23464
5605 Meer Street
Virginia Beach, VA 23451
Fountains at the Albemarle
200 Trade Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Gayle Davis - Room C200
Hazel McNair - Room B100
Ray & Kitty Styons - Room C207
Roanoke Landing Rehab & Nursing Center
1084 U.S. Hwy 64 East
Plymouth, NC 27962
BASIC CHANGES TO SANCTUARY WORSHIP AT FCC-PLYMOUTH
1) While you are inside the church building, practice 6 ft. social distancing and wear a mask (disposable masks will be available if you do not have your own). Hand sanitizer will also be there.
2) Attendance books are removed. Greeter will check attendance.
3) Communion will be served at the table on the floor. Come forward down the middle aisle (6 ft. apart), then go back to your seat by the wall on your side. Offering may be put in the offering plate behind the back pews as you enter. Food items may be put in the basket at the back of the church as usual.
4) The 11 o'clock worship will be the only Sunday gathering. For now, there will be NO Sunday school, Nursery, or Worship and Wonder.
5) Service will be shone live on Facebook and later posted on Facebook and YouTube.com (fccplymouthnc).
6) If you have any questions, feel free to call Pastor Jimmy (661-0411), Elder chair, George Waters, Board Chair Cecil Windley, or CWF president Linda Ginn.