a little more like jesus, a little less like me
When I turn on my truck radio, I listen to KLove, a contemporary Christian music station. God's message and ministry set to music always is uplifting to me. As I was thinking about the April message with Lent coming to an end and the celebration of Easter on April 4th, I heard Zach Williams' "Less Like Me". That is the message I want to share with you.
The song relates what I think we realize through Lent about ourselves, how we seek to grow more like Jesus, but still need God's help to love our neighbors and to really be more like Jesus. I urge you to go to youtube.com and enter "Less Like Me" and watch the whole video, but let me share the words of the chorus:
O Lord help me be A little more like mercy A little more like grace A little more like kindness
Goodness, love, and faith
A little more like patience A little more like peace A little more like Jesus A little less like me.
Now let me share an email Charlotte sent me that may aid us in being "a little more like kindness and a little more like Jesus". Try it for April and see what God can do through you.
Daily Kindness Calendar
Anonymous Deed Monday
Do something nice for someone without telling them.
Love the Earth Tuesday
Do a good deed for the earth - plant a tree, water a flower, or pick up trash.
Caring Words Wednesday
Tell someone something nice about themselves.
Read a book or educate yourself on another culture, religion, or lifestyle.
Help someone out - a family member, a friend, or someone less fortunate.
Do a chore around the house just to help out.
Be kind to yourself and do something you enjoy. You deserve it!
Take care and be safe, Pastor Jimmy
Scripture Readings for April 2021
April 1 - Maundy Thursday
Exodus 12:1-4, (5-10), 11-14
Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19
1 Corinthians 11:23-26
John 13:1-17, 31b-35
April 2 - Good Friday
Hebrews 10:16-25 or Hebrews 4:14-16, 5:7-9
April 3 - Holy Saturday
Job 14:1-14 or Lamentations 3:1-9, 19-24
Psalm 31:1-4, 15-16
1 Peter 4:1-8
Matthew 27:57-66 or John 19:38-42
April 4 - Resurrection of the Lord
Acts 10:34-43 or Isaiah 25:6-9
Psalm 118:1-2, 14-24
1 Corinthians 15:1-11 or Acts 10:34-43
John 20:1-18 or Mark 16:1-8
April 11 - Second Sunday of Easter
1 John 1:1-2:2
April 18 - Third Sunday of Easter
1 John 3:1-7
April 25 - Fourth Sunday of Easter
1 John 3:16-24
Fountains at the Albemarle
200 Trade Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Gayle Davis - Room C200
Hazel McNair - Room B100
Ray & Kitty Styons - Room C207
Roanoke Landing Rehab & Nursing Center
1084 U.S. Hwy 64 East
Plymouth, NC 27962
BASIC CHANGES TO SANCTUARY WORSHIP AT FCC-PLYMOUTH
1) While you are inside the church building, practice 6 ft. social distancing and please wear a mask (disposable masks will be available if you do not have your own). Hand sanitizer will also be there.
2) There will be NO bulletins or congregational singing.
3) Attendance books are removed. Greeter will check attendance.
4) Pews will be marked to maintain 6 ft. distance. Families may sit together on a pew. Otherwise keep 6 ft. apart on usable pews.
5) Communion will be served at the table on the floor like we did drive-thru. Come forward down the middle aisle (6 ft. apart), then go back to your seat by the wall on your side. Offering may be put in offering plates on each side after communion. Food items may be put in the basket at the back of the church as usual.
6) At the end of worship, I will dismiss you by rows so we can keep our distance as we leave.
7) The 11 o'clock worship will be the only Sunday gathering. For now, there will be NO Sunday school, Nursery, or Worship and Wonder.
8) Service will be shone live on Facebook and later posted on Facebook and YouTube.com (fccplymouthnc).
9) If you have any questions, feel free to call Pastor Jimmy (661-0411), Elder chair, George Waters, Board Chair Cecil Windley, or CWF president Linda Ginn.