love one another - and be safe!
March 15, 2020 - the last Sunday we had "regular" church worship. Hard to believe it has been a year now since we shut down, thinking we would start back up at least by Easter that year.
Looking back over all of this pandemic, I thank God and all of you who have guided our church through this time. We have adapted carefully from no worship to drive-thru communions to recorded worships to inside worship and posting those worships, and always faithfully following COVID guidelines.
Financially, we fell a little short of our 2020 budget, but our income exceeded our expenses and our church was strong in its support of outreach ministries and meeting the increasing needs of others.
At this point, I pray we will all continue to do our part to serve God and to serve others. That includes still staying safe and keeping others safe. After a year of this "mess", it is easy to get complacent and tired of following COVID guidelines.
Many of us, including myself, have had both doses of the COVID vaccines, but we can still carry the virus to others even if we are protected. Everyone has been so good about the three W's, but we must continue to keep each other safe.
We have adapted in our ways to meet the needs of others, and we still have to continue to do so. Continue to look out for each other and share God's love with the world (Safely!).
Take care and be safe, Pastor Jimmy
Scripture Readings for March 2021
March 7 - Third Sunday in Lent
1 Corinthians 1:18-25
March 14 - Fourth Sunday in Lent
Psalm 107: 1-3, 17-22
March 21 - Fifth Sunday in Lent
March 25 - Annunciation of the Lord
March 28 - Liturgy of the Palms Sixth Sunday in Lent
Psalm 118:1-2, 19-29
Mark 11: 1-11
March 28 - Liturgy of the Passion Sixth Sunday in Lent
Holy Week - March 28 - April 4
March 29 - Monday of Holy Week
March 30 - Tuesday of Holy Week
1 Corinthians 1:18-31
March 31 - Wednesday of Holy Week
Fountains at the Albemarle
200 Trade Street
Tarboro, NC 27886
Gayle Davis - Room C200
Hazel McNair - Room B100
Ray & Kitty Styons - Room C207
Roanoke Landing Rehab & Nursing Center
1084 U.S. Hwy 64 East
Plymouth, NC 27962
BASIC CHANGES TO SANCTUARY WORSHIP AT FCC-PLYMOUTH
1) While you are inside the church building, practice 6 ft. social distancing and please wear a mask (disposable masks will be available if you do not have your own). Hand sanitizer will also be there.
2) There will be NO bulletins or congregational singing.
3) Attendance books are removed. Greeter will check attendance.
4) Pews will be marked to maintain 6 ft. distance. Families may sit together on a pew. Otherwise keep 6 ft. apart on usable pews.
5) Communion will be served at the table on the floor like we did drive-thru. Come forward down the middle aisle (6 ft. apart), then go back to your seat by the wall on your side. Offering may be put in offering plates on each side after communion. Food items may be put in the basket at the back of the church as usual.
6) At the end of worship, I will dismiss you by rows so we can keep our distance as we leave.
7) The 11 o'clock worship will be the only Sunday gathering. For now, there will be NO Sunday school, Nursery, or Worship and Wonder.
8) Service will be shone live on Facebook and later posted on Facebook and YouTube.com (fccplymouthnc).
9) If you have any questions, feel free to call Pastor Jimmy (661-0411), Elder chair, George Waters, Board Chair Cecil Windley, or CWF president Linda Ginn.